Sometimes we just need to do something different with our hair. But sometimes we don’t necessarily want to cut it all off, wait for it to grow out, or try a new style. The easiest way to make a drastic change to your hair and thus your overall look is to color it. Whether you want drastic and go from brunette to blonde or you want to try being a redhead, the effects can be amazing and empowering. Heading to the salon to treat yourself to a new color can be an expensive process. If you don’t have that kind of money to spend, there are some at home color kits that will give you the same results with much less investment.
- L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference: At about $10 a box and available at any drug store, L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference has been around for awhile and is one of the best available. It truly does resist fading and leaves hair even softer than it was before coloring.
- L’Oreal Paris ColourExperte: If youjust want to add a few highlights, L’Oreal Paris ColourExperte is an excellent choice. At around $15 a box, it is much less expensive that a foil wrap highlight at the salon and the finger tip applicator makes it easy to use.
- Revlon Color Effects Frost and Glow: If you want a bolder, more frosted look than what a highlight kit would give you, you should try Revlon Color Effects Frost and Glow. It only costs about $10 a box and allows you to put very light streaks in very dark hair. You may want to have a friend lend a hand as pulling the hair through the cap can be difficult on your own. But it is worth it!
- Goldman Elumen Hair Color: While not readily available in drug stores, it is available on Amazon for about $24.00. It is more expensive than some of the other options but still less expensive than a trip to the salon. Goldman Elumen Hair Color has the versatility of working well on any hair type and many users say it even helps to tame frizzy, fly away hair.
- Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent Hair Color: If you aren’t quite ready to make a permanent commitment to a color or if you want to try a new color to see how it looks, Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent Hair Color is a fabulous option. Demi permanents will not lighten hair and only last about 24 shampoos. At about $5, Color Charm will cover gray and wonderful on slightly damaged hair, leaving it in better condition than it was before coloring.
- Zotos Age Perfect Anti-Aging Permanent Liqui-Crème Hair Color: If you are worried that the color on the box will not be the color on your head, you should definitely give Zotos a try. Their colors are true to what they say they will be, resist fading and dulling, and smooth and condition the hair. At only around $8 on Amazon, it’s a wonderful option.