Our hair is our crowning glory. Whether it’s short or long, curly or straight, women take pride their hair. We spend countless hours, not to mention dollars, washing, drying, and styling it. Throw in the amount of money paid to hair stylists for just the right cut and color, it’s no wonder so many new products are released each year. The advances in science, technology, and research into these products have increased the quality of the products, thereby increasing the results we get. Of all the new and innovative products released this year, which are the best on the market?
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume In Shower Treatment: Many shampoos, conditioners, and styling products claim to add volume and bounce but the problem with most of them is the effect is gone when you wash your hair the next time. John Frieda’s new Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume in Shower Treatment seeks to remedy that by becoming the first semi-permanent volumizer on the market. Using a patent pending mix of fruit acids and specialized polymers, it adds texture and thickness that will last through multiple washes.
- Redken Metal Fix 08: Sometimes we want to add a little color or highlight to our hair but really don’t want to make a permanent commitment to a full dye job. This year, Redken Metal Fix 08 has come to the rescue. Offering silver and a gold pomade, this product will add a bit of color with a metallic shine to your favorite hairstyle. The added bonus is that when applied to that slicked back ponytail, it will also keep the wispy strands and fly always in place.
- Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy: Featuring a two-step process, Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy can restore the appearance of even the most tired, damaged, and worn out hair. They contain products that open the cuticle of the hair to allow rice protein based moisturizers to penetrate more deeply. Using it just once a week can make restore damage done by dying, blow drying, and heat irons.
- Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press: We all know that if we are going to be using flat irons and/or curling irons that we NEED to use a heat protectant spray or serum. But knowing and doing are two separate things. Most heat protectors need to be applied to wet hair before blow drying but not this one. Hot off the Press is sprayed onto dry hair before using any heat implements. So if you dried your hair and realized you forgot the heat serum, no worries!
- Oribe Shine Light Reflecting: We all want shiny, beautiful hair but often times the products we use and the styling we do robs our hair of its glow. And the hairsprays we use to hold it in place for the day takes what little bit is left. Oribe Shine Light Reflecting has come to the rescue. Three quick spritzes of this magical mix of lemongrass, argan oil, and sunflower oil mist will leave your hair with a shiny glow.