Hair loss can be as individual as the people it affects. Whether it is just thinning hair where the scalp is visible or actual bald spot or patches, it can be embarrassing and frustrating. Adding to the frustration can be the myriad of treatments and solutions available on the market today. Even more frustrating is getting them home and trying them only to have an allergic reaction, an increase in hair loss, or to have it do nothing at all. Since many of these shampoos and treatments can be quite expensive, here is a head start that will, hopefully, save time as well as money.
- NexxusVitatress Biotin Shampoo: One of the most effective shampoos currently on the market, NexxusVitatress Biotin shampoo contains ingredients such as niacin, amino acids, and biotin which have been proven to promote hair growth. By providing essential nutrients to the hair and scalp, this shampoo not only prevents the hair from falling out in clumps, it also makes the hair thicker. It must be left on the hair/scalp for three minutes but using it just two or three times a week, many people have seen results within two weeks.
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge: This shampoo works on hair loss by approaching it from several angles. It contains caffeine, which stimulates the scalp and hair follicles to aid in new hair growth, saw palmetto blocks a certain biochemical action in the scalp which can lead to hair loss, and Ketoconazole is an anti-inflammatory that has been proven to be effective in treating hair loss. When left on the hair for five minutes and used at least five times a week, most people will see new hair growth within 2 weeks to a month. The added benefit of using Hair Surge is that it makes the hair feel thicker, softer, and smoother.
- Pura D’Or Premium Organic Shampoo For Hair Loss: Combining the saw palmetto of Hair Surge and the niacin and biotin of Vitatress, Pura D’Or also adds Argan oil and B vitamins. It contains no harsh or harmful ingredients so it is an excellent choice if you have sensitive skin or a sensitive scalp. Only requiring two minutes on the hair to be effective, most see a results in a few weeks. Pura D’Or also has the added endorsement of being the number one best selling hair loss shampoo on Amazon for two years running.
- Regenepure Dr. Hair Loss Shampoo: Regenepure also contains many of the ingredients of the above options, including saw palmetto, Ketoconazole, biotin, and niacin. It works to prevent hair loss by relieving imbalances in the scalp. These imbalances can cause itching, dryness, and excessive oil production that can lead to hair loss.
- Lipogaine Big 3 Hair Loss Shampoo: One of the few options that does not contain sulfates or parabens, Lipogaine Big 3 is one of the mildest options available. The mix of Ketoconazole, biotin, and moisturizers not only makes hair feel thicker, it also makes it much healthier. For the best results, it needs to be used two to three times per week and left on the hair for three to five minutes.